In the next few days I will begin rolling out themes for the Pro version of the Signal Strength Widget. To start with I will be creating different colored skins. As I get more time I will be developing true themes that have a....theme (sports, movies, music, etc). Please leave any theme ideas in the comments or email them to me.
Update (9/1): Themes are getting close, the settings are setup, I just need to work on updating the UI once the theme is changed.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
Several people asked for configurable options. I added that ability in a "Pro" version of the widget. The following is a list of the configurable options and what they do:
- Show Background
- Displays/Hides a background image for the widget
- Show Operator
- Displays/Hides the operator name
- Show dBms
- Displays/Hides the numeric signal strength indicator
- Use Generic '3G' Indicator
- Instead of displaying the specific technology used (i.e. Ev for EvDo, U for UMTS, H for HSPA, etc) the widget will group all 3G technologies into a group and just display 3G.
Both widgets are still very much in beta so please be patient and send me any enhancements or issues that you find.
Monday, August 23, 2010
I was surprised to find out that there were no decent widgets for showing signal strength in the Android market. I was not able to find any widgets that provided all the functionality I was looking for so I created my own. Here is what I created:
- 10-bar visual signal strength
- Numeric signal strength (dBm)
- Network Operator
- Data activity indicator
- Network Type indicator
- Supports Android 1.6 - 2.2 (hopefully...I have 1.6 so I have only been able to do much testing on that platform).